søndag 19. september 2010

The Shins will change your life.

Yes, I'm referring to the movie "Garden State", where the lovely and dorky Natalie Portman practically pushes her headphones on Zach Braff. 
I love that scene, where they first meet. I love how they meet. In general, I love first meetings where people talk about great music.
I love The Shins, although I had not been listening to their music for long before I found this very quote by Natalie Portman, which then led me to watch the movie. 
Such a great movie, with such a great soundtrack! 

When I first started to watch it, my first reaction was getting a wee bit sceptical, since Zach Braff is in it (I did not know he had the lead role, I didn't know anything besides that Natalie Portman was in it - and I love her). Not that he is a bad actor or anything, I have only seen him in "Scrubs", and I guess I am a bit judgmental when it comes to actors who play in comedy series.. But he fits this part, and played it well. Later on I found out that he actually is the director and writer, so there goes my judgment! Amazing work, he absolutely got my new found respect!
And Natalie.. oh Natalie. She's one of my favorite actors, but after seeing this, I totally developed a femme-crush.

I wont spoil the whole plot, but I can say that this is a movie about about being numb to life and then start living. One of my favorite subjects. 
SEE IT, and on that note, I'll leave you with a few of the great songs from the soundtrack. 

Coldplay - Don't Panic


Frou Frou - Let Go


The Shins - Caring is Creepy


The Shins - New Slang


This next song by Postal Service did not feature on the soundtrack, although it was on the trailer.  The cover version, by Iron & Wine, is to be found on the soundtrack, but I prefer the original. 

Postal Service - Such Great Heights
 

Oh, and since we're on the subject of The Shins, I'll share one of my absolute favorite songs of all time: Sleeping Lessons 

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar