søndag 8. august 2010

Fish Tank

Last night, like many other nights, I had trouble falling asleep.
At 3 AM, I found myself watching the movie Fish Tank, again.

Few movies captures the feeling of being young and bored in the hot summer, doing stupid things and the need for attention like this movie does. And the anger one can only feel as a teenager at war with.. life. 
As a critic said: "Brilliantly and sensitively buzzes with life."

As I watch it, I AM a teenager again, bored and just waiting for life to happen. And then it does.

It makes me think of that summer I spent with my best friend M, when we used to listen to 2pac's "R U still down" double CD and the soundtrack for the movie Gridlock'd. We used to take long walks at night, we tried out tagging with some old spray cans we had found in my parents garage, and we tried to smoke cigarettes for the first time. The summer of experimenting and waiting for something exiting to happen. 

If you haven't seen the movie yet, you should.


1 kommentar:

  1. Waaa, goose bumps!!! Started to watch this with Dan a while ago, but it was terrible quality and wouldn't work in the end... But I am definitely gonna make sure we watch it now! =)

    SvarSlett