lørdag 7. august 2010

Pieces of what..?

We're back in this familiar place. We've been here so many times before. It's getting old; the whole saga of breaking up but not letting go.

I love and hate you. I adore you, but in fact, I despise you even more. We're past the point of love, we've been so for a long time.

But when we find our self here again, at this dark place where we hurt each other and are ready to finally say goodbye, that's when I turn around and are willing to forgive and forget.

But I can't forgive. 
And I definitely cannot forget. 

All I am doing is buying time. For what? I act as if I am ready to pick up the scraps that are left, ready to fix it, build it up again, only to find out that the scraps are way too broken. They can never be fixed. 

It's like a puzzle with broken pieces, and the pieces will never fit each other again, no matter how hard we try. The final picture that is supposed to be us have holes in it. It's not a pretty sight.

And here I am, again, too coward to just let go and move on. 
So I desperately try to gather the scraps from the floor and pick up the pieces.

But pieces of what..?  


MGMT - Pieces of what

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar